Cornelia Klein was born in Landshut/Germany in 1957. She has worked as a ceramic artist since 1985.
She opened her first studio in 1986 after a three year apprenticeship in a Nuremberg ceramic-atelier. The studio, situated within an old school near Coburg, operated as a cooperative with ceramic artist Klaus Dorrmann until 2000.
From 1997 until 2000, Klein taught ceramic arts at the Akademie für Gestaltung und Denkmalpflege at Ebern/Germany.
In the summers from 1999 to 2001, she collaborated with the Centro Internazionale d’Arte Ceramica “La Meridiana” in Certaldo/Italy including course instruction.
In 2001, Klein permanently transferred to Florence/Italy, where she now lives and works.